Have you ever asked yourself, where can I buy jackfruit in the UK? As a fruit that is still not widely available to the British population, at least in stores, it can be difficult to know where to buy the big yellow fruit. There’s no doubt that the popularity of jackfruit has soared in recent times as people turn to meat-free alternatives to form part of a healthy and balanced diet, but those that don’t eat it regularly may struggle to find it. In this article, we explore where to find dried jackfruit, fresh jackfruit and canned jackfruit.
Where Can I Buy Dried Jackfruit?
Let’s start close to home with dried jackfruit. Jacked Foods is a leading provider of dried jackfruit here in the UK, so you’re in the right place if you are wanting to buy this fruit dehydrated. Since our inception in 2018, we have been bringing different dried jackfruit products to market. We started out by providing our dried jackfruit pieces before going onto bringing products such as our dried jackfruit chunks and dried jackfruit with ginger and lemon to market.
Today, you can buy our dried jackfruit with lemon and lime directly from us or through selected stores, such as Holland & Barrett, Ocado, John Lewis Foodhall and Whole Foods.
See all of the stores our products feature in on our dedicated stockists page. Before bringing our latest dehydrated jackfruit product to market, we went through several rounds of testing, during which we sample the dried fruit with many flavour combinations.
Jackfruit with an infusion of lemon and lime is what stuck and, if you have yet to try it, you’re missing out! We are absolutely in love with the combination. Here are a few things you should know about our dried jackfruit:
- It’s suitable for vegans – whether you are buying the snack for yourself or you wish to provide a lovely vegan gift, you can be safe in the knowledge that the produce is vegan-friendly
- Each pouch contains only 105 calories
- The produce comes in a completely recyclable pouch
- It’s rich in vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin E
- For each pack sold, we will plant a tree in East Africa, where our fruit is grown. Learn more about our buy a pouch plant a tree initiative.
Where To Buy Fresh Jackfruit
If you’re based in the UK and would like to get your hands on some fresh jackfruit, it can be difficult to find. The first thing to note is that you won’t find fresh jackfruit in any of the main UK supermarkets, therefore you’ll most likely have to turn to sourcing it online. There are only a handful of websites that offer fresh jackfruit to UK residents, however, in most cases, the cost of the fruit puts people off. This is mainly because of the nicheness of the fruit, the lack of availability and the fact that it has a relatively short shelf life, as fresh fruit does. Those websites that sell fresh jackfruit to the people of the UK can be found here:
- London Grocery – offering fresh jackfruit sourced from Mexico.
- Fresh Thai Jackfruit – Thai Food Online imports their fresh jackfruit on a weekly basis and offers smaller quantities, making them the most suitable option for consumers.
- Nine Life – this provider offers fresh whole jackfruits.
- A company with their headquarters in Uxbridge, London, Quality Foods Online provides fresh jackfruit. Choose from quantities of 1kg, 5kg or 10kg.
Where To Find Tinned Jackfruit
Tinned jackfruit can be found in all large UK supermarkets, as well as smaller retailers that are part of the grocery sector. So, if you’re looking to buy tinned or canned jackfruit in the United Kingdom, look down the relevant aisles on your next weekly shop, in places such as Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Waitrose. In addition, Ocado also sells a good variety of tinned jackfruit, so be sure to check them out online. Tinned jackfruit is the most widely available in the UK and can be bought in the following forms:
- Tinned jackfruit in brine – available in all major UK supermarkets as well as UK based Asian supermarkets and online. Works well in savoury dishes and not typically used for sweet dishes.
- Tinned jackfruit in water – this type of tinned jackfruit is regularly used for both sweet and savoury dishes. Again, it’s available in UK supermarkets, UK based Asian supermarkets and online.
- Tinned jackfruit in syrup – this form of canned jackfruit is not available in nationwide UK supermarkets. You can, however, buy tinned jackfruit in syrup at Asian supermarkets here in the UK, online through UK companies such as The Asian Cookshop and through websites such as Amazon and eBay.
Enjoy Your Jackfruit, However You Like It
As a team of advocates for dried jackfruit, we’ve had plenty of fresh jackfruit in Tanzania (the country where we source the fruit for our jackfruit products) and tried our fair share of tinned jackfruit. We can honestly say that we enjoyed the jackfruit in all forms but it may not come as a surprise that we would rank dried jackfruit at the very top! We hope you find the jackfruit products you seek in the UK and if you have any questions for our team at all, whether they relate to our dried jackfruit or where to source certain jackfruit products, please don’t hesitate to contact us at your convenience.